Friday 21 February 2014

Philip Island: 30 years later


I took a bus tour to Philip Island and surrounding area on one sunny afternoon. The ride was comfortable and our first destination was Churchill Island.  A beautiful peacock greeted us at the visitor centre.









There were old houses inside the compound and display of how the interior looked like.






The interesting segment would be sheep searing....







Our next stop was the Koala conservation centre where we got pretty close to the Koalas...

































Dinner at the Nobbies Centre before heading to the penguins parade.















It had been over 30 years since my last visit to Philip Island, and I would still think of my host family whom I came with previously.  I had since lost touch with them.....







Waiting for the arrival of the penguins
Unfortunately, the penguins were shedding during this period and we did not see many of them coming out from the water.  A bit disappointing, but hey I did see them 30 years ago!


No comments :

Post a Comment