Saturday 4 January 2014

An evening celebrating the songwriting talent of Yusnor Ef


While I have heard of the name Yusnor Ef, a well known lyricist in Malay music, I never had the opportunity to hear his work.  It was thus a good opportunity to attend a retrospective of his songs on New Year's Day held at the Esplanade Concert Hall.

It was a good turnout at the concert, which was titled "Malam Aku, Dia & Lagu. While I could not understand his lyrics, I enjoyed the performance put up by artists of various generations.  Besides Rahimah Rahim and Sezari, I got to know more Malay singers such as Sansiah Huri, Maria Bachok, Zamzam, A Razak, J Mizan, A Rozainie and Imran Ajmain.

Mr Yusnor Ef came on stage at the end of concert to give a speech.  Unfortunately, I could not understand what he said but the audience was tickled.  A good way to start the new year with focus on our local artist.

No comments :

Post a Comment