Saturday 22 September 2012

F1 Day 1: Trying out and Jay Chou, 21 Sep 2012 (Fri)


It was the first day of F1 in Singapore. It was a more relaxing atmosphere as there are no major races. The area was well lit.






















I bought the 3-day walkabout ticket.  It was my first time attending this event and I was not prepared for the loud noise made by the fast cars.









No major races, just a day for the drivers testing out the track. 




 


The technical crew hard at work..






At the Esplanade Outdoor Theatre, Pan-African singer Dobet Gnahore gave a good performance with her band. 











The main highlight of the evening would be the concert at the Padang by Taiwanese singer Jay Chou.  It was my first time catching his performance.  As expected, I could not comprehend what he was singing.  I also noted teleprompter on site, showing the lyrics of the songs.  Hmm...



His concert had a F1 theme, which was race car and beautiful ladies.

The concert lasted slightly more than an hour. It was just ok for me, maybe he could not create his theatrics at an outdoor venue. 

No comments :

Post a Comment