Thursday 12 April 2012

Penang Day 4: Penang Laksa and Chendol

It was fitting that my entry on Penang started with, and ended with food.  Near the massive overhead pedestrian bridge which led into the old town, look for Lebuh Keng Kwee where the well known Chendol stall was located.










Just turned into the alley and you would see the chendol stall.  It was busy during lunch hour.

You could order the food inside the coffee shop and the staff would bring in the chendol for you. 

Did I enjoy it?  Strangely, not really.  Maybe my expectations was very high, so it tasted just ok to me.  The stall used the big red beans which I didn't find it nice. 





Inside the coffee shop, the laksa was good.  Equally impressive with the one at Kok Lok Shi bus stop.



And that ended my trip to Penang.  A pleasant trip.  Next time round, I will try more food stalls and visit more sights.


No comments :

Post a Comment